Saturday, January 22, 2011

Making Progress

Well it's been two weeks since my first post and I have to say that things are going well so far. I have started working on my goals for 2011 with good progress. For my first goal, the run a 5k and get back in shape, I have started a beginner running program with one of my best friends, Kayla. I found this great Running for Beginners program on the Women's Health website. It is a 6 week program where you do intervals of running/walking on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. On Tuesdays and Thursday they give you a workout program to do as well and Saturday is a rest day. Each week your running intervals increase and after 6 weeks you should be able to run 30 minutes without stopping. We started this program on January 3rd and I must say after the first week I was pretty sore. I guess that is what happens when you do not work out on a regular basis. We are finishing up week 3 tomorrow and it has gotten a lot better. No more soreness, but the longer running intervals are kicking my butt! I have not yet weighed myself to see if I have made any progress, but I am starting to feel better about myself. I've had a couple bad days with food, but for the most part I have done pretty good.

Another goal that I have been making great progress on is saving money every week. So far I have put money in my Savings account every week this year. Yes it's only been 3 weeks, but I haven't missed a week so I am off to a good start.

Also I have already finished my first book this year. I read "Hope in a Jar" by Beth Harbison in two weeks! It was a great book about two friends who were inseparable throughout high school until a vicious rumor ended their friendship. Twenty years later they reunite at their class reunion and realize that friendship and the truth are more important. I felt like I could really relate to this story. I have had similar events happen in my past with friends of this nature. I have started my next book, "Harvesting the Heart" by Jodi Picoult.

Just a short little update on my progress. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment