Monday, February 21, 2011

Spring is in the Air

I can't believe next week is March already. This year is flying by so fast! I've been so busy the last few weeks and I have not given an update on my progress in the last month. We had some great weather last week and I was able to have my first running experience outside. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. Running outside is way different than running inside on a treadmill. We are up to 5 minutes intervals now and after my first five minutes outside I felt like I was going to fall over. I was out of breath and my shins hurt severely. Once this nice weather sticks around I am really going to have to get out there and get used to running outside if I am going to run the 5k in about two months. I also got some new running shoes this weekend and I am really looking forward to trying them out this week.

I have also done really good at saving money the last few weeks. I've babysat a couple times and worked at OLC to put some money in the bank. I did my taxes last week and found out my return will be enough to cover my Mexico trip so any extra money I have can go into savings with that paid for and out of the way.

We were doing really good eating at home earlier in the month, but the last couple weeks have been pretty bad. We've been eating out just about all weekend . We had burgers on the grill this past week with the warmer weather so hopefully with Spring coming we can start grilling out more often.

Just a quick update for now, really looking forward to Spring...including sand volleyball!!

No comments:

Post a Comment