Monday, August 15, 2011

Decisions, decisions...

Do you realize there are like 20 photographers in the city of Quincy? I took some time this weekend while the kids were napping to contact photographers for our wedding. I am pretty sure I emailed about a dozen photographers and that didn't include all the photographers in Quincy. There were some I either knew I didn't want or were too expensive and didn't even take the time to contact. How do you choose one? I've been looking on websites and Facebook pages to view their galleries and to me they are all starting to look the same. How in the world do you just pick one by they way their pictures look. Plus I do not want to spend a fortune on pictures. I agree it's one of our biggest expenses because we will have them forever, but those whose smallest package starts at $2000, really? Plus for most photographers you have to pay $700 to have rights to your photos, that just seems crazy. Out of the dozen I emailed, so far I have heard from four of them. Hopefully they all respond by the end of the week so I can start going over all their package info.

I'm also on the hunt for my bridesmaid dresses. I found a dress I really liked at David's Bridal, but when I was in Springfield a couple weeks ago I went in to try it on and it was this ugly cotton material. From the photo (see below) it looks like it would be satin and very pretty, but no it looked very cheap and nothing like a bridesmaid dress. So I have been searching designer websites to find something similar to this dress. Let's hope I can find one or I'm stuck looking for something else that I like.




Flaiz and I both have asked our maid of honor and best man to be part of our big day and we are working on the other bridesmaids and groomsmen. I've got one asked and hope to have the others asked soon. We are still looking at a big wedding party, but we feel all these people are important to us and want them to be with us as we celebrate. I might try to do a wedding website on theknot.com sometime soon as well. Only 404 days to go!

Onto my new year's goals. Just finished another book, Picture Perfect, by Jodi Picoult which only brings my total to three so far for the year. I am slacking horribly at this goal. I started a fourth book this weekend, the 4th book in the bride quartet series by Nora Roberts. Hopefully I can squeeze in a few more by the end of the year.

Running...not good. I have slacked off big time with this goal. Need to get back on it. It's nice enough that if I would just make myself get up a half hour earlier in the morning I could go run and get it over with. I want to do the Turkey Run on Thanksgiving so I have three months to get back to it.

Reduce debt and save money I have done the best at! My car will soon be paid off and my credit card bill will be paid off within the month. My savings account has really gotten a boost this summer with me working the Gems games, my raise at Mercantile and babysitting.

Also I want to give a big welcome to Paisley Sue Niekamp, Brooke Catherine Pohlman and Brinley Lane Tucker all babies of friends that were born in the last three weeks and a congratulations to the Deters who are expecting their first child in March!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment